Empennage (page 17)
June 13, 2008 2.5hrs - 231.0 total.  Traced and rough cut new horn ribs and
end plates.  Started meausring for positioning peices into elevator and stabilizer
assy.  Not an easy task!  Determined that I cut  the elevator 1/8 longer on the
starboard side.  Also that positioning measurements on the plans are made with
all of the laminates in place, but at this point in the assembly process the last
four laminates havent been installed yet.  Strapped some small peices of
laminate in place to similate the extra size and remeasured.  Its starting to come
together, but is very confuisng and I want to be sure I get it right!

June 14, 2008 1.5hrs - 232.5 total.  Finalized position of elevator horn ribs and
marked them.  Cut off the ends of the horiz stab rear spar to aproximate length.  
Dry fit new over sized horn ribs, cut and sanded to shape.  Had them fitting
nicely when I realized I needed to allow an extra 1/16" for the end plates.  Got
one of them adjusted, still needed to do the other. Haven't cut the lightening
holes in them yet either.
Elevator horn rib clamped in place. 1/16" face plate is lying next to it. Elevator nose rib
#1 is dry fit into the front of the spar to help in positioning the horn rib.
June 15, 2008 5.5 hrs - 238 total.  Adjusted fit of second horn rib.  Cut lightening holes in both and hand sanded.
Shaped outer edges a little closer to profile. Did another dry fit and sanded both a little more for better fit. Made
blocking peices. Glued it all in place.
Elevator horn backing plate glued in place with spruce blocking peices installed.
June 16th, 2008, 1.0hrs - 239.0 total.  Removed clamps from last nights glueing.  Made ip 7/16" spacers for stab
back plate spacing.  Marked stab rear spar at points where backing plate needs to fit. Will need to make som small
spruce blocking to fit between spar flanges at end of spar then shape backing plates to fit before glueing them in.

June 17, 2008 .5hrs - 239.5 total.  Took some measurements for the blocking.  made a sample peice, turned out too
small.   Decided I need to cut the spars first. Re-measured and marked end points of rear spar.  Cut off ends of port
spar rough sanded down to shape.

June 18, 2008 2.0hrs - 241.5 total.  Finished cutting and sanding both ends of the trailing edge spars to shape.  Made
spruce filler blocks for both ends.  Cut and sanded stab backing plates to fit.  Still need to cut lighteneing holes in
them.

June 19, 2008 2.0hrs - 243.5 total.  Cut lightening holes in endplates and sanded by hand.